Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 12 for 2012 ~ Cook Lisa Cook’s Favorite Recipes

Cook Lisa Cook 2012 year in review On my Moments with Maisie blog, each December 31st I do a year in review post of all the things that happened throughout the year.  It struck me that I should do a post of my favorite recipes from 2012, so here is my cooking year in review.

IMG_2438e2January ~  This was my busiest cooking month and there were many wonderful recipes but the one that I’m most thrilled with is my Pork Dumplings with Rice Wrappers.  My Maisie adores dumplings but when we found out that she was allergic to wheat, egg & dairy, she lost her favorite food.  So, when I finally thought to make dumplings using rice wrappers, and she loved them, well I was just thrilled beyond words.  I now make these in large batches and keep them in my freezer so that anytime she wants dumplings, she can have them.

IMG_3287e[4]February ~ There were quite a few recipes that I really loved, including my Baked Egg & Avocado and my Double Chocolate Meyer Lemon Mousse Cake but the recipe that I made over-and-over again the most, so I’m going to call it my favorite, was my Shrimp & Avocado Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing.

IMG_3672e[2]March ~ My Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole has to be my March favorite because it’s simple, it combines two favorites, loaded potatoes and buffalo chicken and I have been making this dish for years and we never tire of it.  This is one casserole that I always try to keep some portions in the freezer for when we get a craving.

IMG_3721e2April ~ My favorite recipe this month came from my Secret Recipe Club challenge where I made a Fruit, Nut & Poppy Seed Chicken Salad.  I loved the combination of the sweet and tangy fruit and the crunch of the nuts and poppy seeds and and the creamy sweet & tangy dressing.  What I loved even more was that it was a delicious and wonderful way to use some of my “Rotisserie” Chicken.

IMG_3994e[2]May ~ I did very little cooking this month but I did make an off the charts, Totally Outrageous Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich which no one could get enough of, always wanting more and again & again.

Lacy Cheese CrackersJune ~ I adore cheese and these one ingredient super simple Lacy Cheese Crackers were a huge hit and I have made them dozens of times since and with all sorts of different cheeses, all so delicious.

Cauliflower Crust Pizza July ~ I love pizza but I don’t love all the carbs & calories so I was thrilled to make Cauliflower Crust Pizza which is great tasting, a lot healthier and in my opinion, even better than the high carb & calorie pizza.  This now is my go-to pizza when I have the craving.

Mini Cheesecake Bites 1 August ~ These Mini Cheesecake Bites are a healthier version of the ones my Mom always made when I was growing up and they were always a favorite.  I love that my version are low carb, no added sugar, portion controlled and just as delicious.

Zucchini with Onion & Brown Sugar September ~ Though I did very little cooking, what I did do all included veggies from our garden.  All the recipes this month were wonderful but I’d have to say that, much to surprise, my favorite was one of my Improv Cooking Challenge recipes, Zucchini with Onion & Brown Sugar.  This was an amazingly delicious dish and a great way to use the bounty of zucchini that arrives each summer.

Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings October ~ As I mentioned in my March favorite, buffalo wings are a favorite in the Cook Lisa Cook home so when I made some fabulous Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings for my Secret Recipe Club assignment, they were a huge hit.  All the heat and flavor of the high fat, fried wings…just a little bit healthier.

Sweet Italian Sausage & Roasted Chestnut Stuffed Mushrooms November ~ I am not a stuffing lover but I do love stuffed mushrooms and my stand out recipe for November was my Sweet Italian Sausage & Roasted Chestnut Stuffed Mushrooms.  A perfect little appetizer and if you eat enough of them, a nice little meal.

Cranberry Almond Oat Breakfast Cookies December ~ My favorite recipe this month is actually the final recipe posted for the year, Cranberry Almond Oat Breakfast Cookies.  No added sugar or fat and they’re egg, flour & dairy free, such a delicious, healthy, easy, grab-and-go breakfast or snack.

It’s been a delicious year in the Cook Lisa Cook home, hope that it’s been the same in yours.  Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and delicious 2013.

3 comments:

  1. Those dumplings at the top just kill me - they look so good that my mouth waters every time I see the picture! Of the recipes shown, I've made the shrimp salad, buffalo casserole and brown sugar zucchini - all wonderful, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you make so many of my recipes and that you love them. I know that both of us are going to have a delicious (and hopefully healthier-food-wise) year. Happy new year friend!

      Delete
  2. What a great recipe round-up! I really would like to try out the cauliflower-crust pizza, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and adore your wonderful comments, so please don't be shy and let me know that you visited.

I also love responding to your comments but I can't do that if you're a no-reply blogger. Please link your e-mail up to your profile so that I can reply to you.

It's a simple change and here's how you do it.

1. From your PROFILE, go to your DASHBOARD.
2. Go to EDIT PROFILE
3. Click 'SHARE MY PROFILE'
4. Click 'SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS'
5. Enter in your e-mail address.

Easy-peasy and now I can reply to all your e-mails and questions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails